Thursday 25 April 2013

Child-driven education

Hi guys,

Last day I was reading some of the cards what were hanging outside to celebrate Book's Day and there was one that particularly grabbed my attention. It said:

" A good teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary"

Yesterday, while I was waiting for ages to do my interview, I stated the quotation aloud. Regarding this matter, I met a teacher that recommended me to watch the video below and I must say I am fascinated about it (Antonio, if you're reading this, thanks a bunch!!!)

This time education scientist Sugata Mitra tackles one of the greatest problems of education -- the best teachers and schools don't exist where they're needed most. 


In a series of real-life experiments from New Delhi to South Africa to Italy, he gave kids self-supervised access to the web and saw results that could revolutionize how we think about teaching.


I hope you like it!!!





Click here for follow up activities based on this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment